Pages

Friday, July 2, 2021

Mosaic Art

In Te Ngahere we started to learn about a piece of art called mosaic art. We were practicing this to make another piece of artwork about the ngahere with our QR codes on them. Mosaic art is when there is lots of little shapes creating one big piece of art. First we inserted a picture of something onto a Google drawing and we had to put the right shapes on the right parts and put in the right colours. I decided to do a tiger I grabbed an image that I like and I started to trace around it. I think that I could of used more colours in my art  instead of just using 2 colours for the body. I think that I really did the head good and when I was finished I removed the image to find my mosaic art finished. I also decided to add in some of the bush around the tiger. Have you ever done mosaic art before


Here is my mosaic art




4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alexander, my name is Gail and I am a year 8 student from your class. I found your post interesting because it looks like you have put a lot of effort into your tiger to make it look that good. I also got to make a Mosaic Art for our QR codes but I made one of a Kereru because that is what my video of the Ngahere was about.
    Which part of making your mosaic art was difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexander it’s me Hudson form Te Ngahere. I like your post because your mosaic art looks amazing also it looks like you put a lot of time into your mosaic art. I had made a mosaic art as well I had made silver fern but I didn't’ finish it.
    How did you know what shapes to use for the Tiger?


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alexander, I’m your brother Braeden and I go to Paihia School. I love your art work because I always wanted to see a tiger made on a Google Drawing. No I haven't done mosaic art before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm Alex and I go to Paihia School. I liked your post because you explained what you did and what you could have improved on. I have never done mosaic art before.

    ReplyDelete