Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Suspicious Instructions

 For the first day of term 2 in Te Ngahere we did a reading test to see how good we follow instructions. We got a piece of paper with 23 questions and they were a bit confusing but also suspicious. 


We had 4 minutes to do the test and I was a bit nervous. I started doing the test. The 1st instruction said read out all the questions carefully before doing anything. I actually didn’t read it I was just reading part of it and then assumed I knew what we had to do. The 2nd instruction said “write your name in the upper left hand corner” so I did that. Moving on I got up to question 19 which said “on the reverse side of the paper add 8950 and 9805” after I finished instruction 19 the time was up. We went down to the mat and the teacher explained what everyone did wrong. We had to actually read all the instructions and then do question 1 and 2 and everyone had failed. After I realised what we did wrong, I felt so silly. From now on I am going to try and read things as carefully as I can.

Have you ever done a test like this before?



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Alexander it’s me River from your class. I like your blog post about Suspicious Instructions.I liked it because you explained your work easily. I knew what you meant when you explained it. I also got confused of the test because it was to easy. I got it wrong because I didn’t read the question properly, I just assumed.
    Did you follow anyone or did you just assume to do it that way?

    ReplyDelete